UFL2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UFL2

Ultimate Football League 2.0 is a PS3 Madden League.

+4
Jackhammerrabbit
Finz
WrightNReyes
JerseyTank
8 posters

F2F Pre-Season (5) Segemnt

JerseyTank
    JerseyTank

F2F Pre-Season (5) Segemnt  Empty F2F Pre-Season (5) Segemnt

Post by JerseyTank Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:35 am

Face 2 Face Season 5 Pre-Season With JHR, Ant, Finz, Man_In_Motion....

F2F Pre-Season (5) Segemnt  2jd5lbr

As we take a second and look back at season 4, the ups & downs lets reflect on the journey some of our members had. Our 1st segment tonight is with our new Super Bowl winning Coach/GM/Owner of the Seahawks Kidofcrash23 also known as Jack or JHR.

]Now Jack walk me threw this great Journey to the Bowl....

"First off, i thought the regular started off fast, very active in the beginning with a full set of owners ready to go and play. We were moving in quite a good pace although we were reaching the point of the madden season where interest dies down. Shows a lot about the league a full set of owners were committed. Unfortunately, the psn hack kind of killed the momentum for a long time and when the psn came back up, most of the regulars kind of disappeared which was noticed during the playoff season..There were a ton of subs needed, who knows what of transpired if the actual owners played. Would things be different? Who knows..."

"Being that I've been with the UFL since inception, i made to two Champion games and losing both of them and really wanted to get one eventually so i don't become the buffalo bills ( oh noes) of the UFL. Fortunately, things turned my way against money and ant resulting in a bowl win. I'm proud of the accomplishment and hopefully can repeat this coming season.."

That was one of our great owners and newly awarded with a 5 star ownership badge very very well deserved bro you reflect the good in the UFL and proud to face you in this great league we call our own.

Our next Segment is with an owner fairly new to the league but not lacking in heart and skill Mr. Shameless-Ant.

So Ant, please share with me and the rest of the UFL Faithful your journey to the bowl starting with the Regular season threw your playoff run?

"Well it was a hell of a ride in my first full UFL season since taking over the Ravens for 4 games at the end of the 2012 season.

I didn't make it a secret that I wasn't crazy about the personnel on that team so I spent the draft and much of the offseason making a lot of changes to mold the team more into my liking.

I knew Joe Flacco was a lot better than his stats portrayed under previous management but I just felt he didn't have the offensive weapons to show it. You need some speed to compete in the UFL and this O had very little...I knew I had talent at RB with star Ray Rice and the bulldozer Rashard House but an ageing receiving core of Todd Heap, Mark Clayton, Aroshamadu and Q-Boldin had me concerned.

Boldin got caught up in the cap crunch as my PP. Not to mention I already had a deal in the works to get his replacement - WR Demarylius Thomas from Denver. Thomas' game breaking ability and blocking were two things I coveted in my Offense and my plan was to make him the centrepiece of my passing game.

My next off-season move was a minor trade sending DT Dosha Hutchins who had a lot of upside to the Cowboys for slot WR Kevin Ogletree. Both teams needed help and had depth at those positions so it seemed to make sense. Ogletree's speed flourished as another big play threat for Flacco.

Having the 10th pick in the draft was important as we knew we were going to land a stud. TE Elliot"the Monster"Moore was that stud.. A 6'5, 248 lb TE with 92 speed who can catch and out-jump any defender was a mismatch all over the field - the fact he missed four games due to injury and still had over 1200 yards is all you really need to know about him.

The value of the later picks - 4th round pick Lacy Williams was a steal for us. Lacy's return ability was legendary his first year as he brought 5 TD's back on kick returns - one was a fumble recovery. Just the threat of Lacy allowed good field position as some teams would purposely kick away so my Ravens would start drives sometimes almost at mid-field. My 5th round CB Damion Sarimento would be converted into a FS in the playoffs who would come up with a HUGE int vs. the Broncos in the AFC championship game - his speed and tackling ability came in handy during my play-off run.

As you can see - the work started in the offseason"

Also, Share with us your biggest hurdle and how did our own lock out due to the hacker effect you personally and game-play wise?

"The season started alright but the turning point for me was after a 2 game losing skid in which Flacco had thrown 10 interceptions combined vs. my division rivals - the Bengels and Steelers. Both had amazing Blitz defenses and secondaries that confused and frustrated my O. After those two weeks I promised to go back to basics and stop forcing throws. It sounds cliche but I felt I started taking what the D was giving me. The next week I was taking on the undefeated NY Jets who were ranked #1 in the power rankings and number#1 in the league vs. the pass. I was 3-3 and I knew I had to get back to a commitment to running the ball and that game was a turning point of our season as Ray Rice lead us to a huge upset win. I think that's where I understood that each week you really need to make adjustments in the UFL. You can't just run the same game-plan against every opponent and expect success.

Other big wins throughout the season was beating NFC North Champ Wright's Brown's twice in the regular season and in our second match-up -the drama of winning the game with 8 seconds left was pretty huge as the AFC playoff race was really tough at the time. Wright's a great player and those wins gave me some confidence I think at the time knowing that I could possibly have a shot at the playoffs.

The layoff came at a bad time to be honest. It really killed my interest after a while and living on the East Coast with Baseball season in full form I found getting back into it would be tough because I didn't even turn on my PS3 for weeks. I was able to win my first game back against Zik's Vikes who had already clinched so he was no doubt even less interested than I was at the time.

Making the playoffs was the goal this year so that was really cool to do. Facing Wright in the first round was tough as I expected but I was able to get some breaks and prevail again...in his defense half his roster was hurt so I felt I definitely had the talent advantage in the contest. Next up was CeeGee who was crazy good but tornado warnings caused the game to be cancelled early in the 3rd (I was down by 2 pts) and he preferred I replayed a sub which so happened to be Jersey at the time. Having to play Jers twice was probably an advantage for both of us but I drastically had to change my game when I played your Broncos because you made great adjustments on D that second game. D.Thomas went from getting 222 yards vs. the Colts to only 65 vs. the Broncos. Jers D was ranked top 2 for a reason - dude is so good you have to make all your reads because he'll generally take away your first and sometimes second option.

Unfortunately, my playoff run fell one game short of the SuperBowl - ALWAYS THE BRIDESMAID - NEVER THE BRIDE!! WAAA!!! (insert crying face) LOL!

Honestly, when you only punt once and you still lose it's tough...surprisingly, I wasn't at all bothered by it though cuz I actually thought I played real good on O - my biggest mistake of the game was accidentally pressing the receive button when I won the coin toss to start the game. I never receive and me and JHR talked about how it really did end up hurting me. That said, my D sh!t the bed and I just couldn't stop RB Shaun Greene...uh...AND his entire passing game - LOL! But even when I had chances to make tackles - Greene, Housh and his TE Browne just kept breaking the first tackle and usually the second one as well! JHR just had an answer for everything I showed him and frankly he just played better and the outcome proves it."

What's the most memorable thing about this season and what do you take from it moving forward?

"I think what I take from this season in the UFL are three things -
    1. making it back to the UFL Bowl will take an enormous amount of intestinal fortitude - I'm talking Macho Man Randy Savage sh!t here (R.I.P) This league is the best of the best.
    2. FrankHateMe and Finz continually embarrassed my team whilst subbing in...those boys tried to sabotage my sh!t...(I seriously believe this! ...no, no I don't but it would make for a funny story if I actually did...regardless...I HATE THEM BOTH!)
    3. Next year's Ravens won't be flying under any radar - we'll be flying high like a G6! Book it Pedro!"

( This was down b4 Ant my dear friend went to his favorite team in the hopes of leading Megatron to the promise land )

Thank you for your time Ant and good luck in the NFC Glad your out the of AFC lmfao!

Now welcoming Finz to the show also a 5 star award winner for being a huge asset to the league and everyone of its members… Not only is he active but a very skilled owner and GM…

Finz let us in on your experience this year ups and downs...?

"Overall I'm happy with how things went, despite missing out on the playoffs in a tie-break for the second straight year. It took me a bit to learn how to properly use Vince. He was on the bench for the first game until the 4th Q and went 4-5. In the second, he struggled mightily throwing 3 picks and no TDs. From then on, he threw 27 TDs and 18 picks. Losing Jonathan Stewart ultimately killed me. Without him, I wasn't able to get the run game going in the final game of the season, which cost me a playoff spot."

Expectations for the draft its been brought to my attention you will most likely be using EAsports Hub site to draft, Now I know why but for those of the members who don't please explain to us?

"Having the 19th pick, I'm at the mercy of fate. Ideally, Id like to get another LB or CB or WR since the QBs blow in this draft save 1 or 2. As for me having to use the site, my daughter spilled water on it and it sat in a puddle for a few hours before I noticed it. Needless to say, I'm devastated!"

Expectations for next year the 5th will you be back? and Expectations for madden 12 are you PUMPED!?

"Assuming I can get back up and running, I expect to make the playoffs. Like the epic Vanilla Ice once rhymed "Anything less than the best is a felony....

I always look forward to the new Madden until I actually play it lol. I'm not holding my breath. We have endured 2 years of beta testing. If they actually improve online franchise, I'll be pleasantly surprised..."

Thoughts on becoming a 5 Star Owner?

"Dude I was shocked I didn't get it sooner! Sway be h8in dude, s8t up! I'm so white....

I love the UFL. Sway and the gang run a great league and I'm happy to be apart of it. Not one person, outside of Shameless, has been convicted of a murder (that I know of) so that speaks to the character and quality of owners we have here. "

Glad to have you on Finz truly an asset and a good friend...

Last but not least Man_In_Motion has a few words to share with us about his excitement bout this upcoming year... Some would saying moving to a new team right before the draft would suck but according to you your pumped? Did I get that right?

(Correct)"I'm looking forward to a full season, back in the afc south, in indy, where I started in the ufl. just can't wait to get the season started really"

Wise words my friend wise words.. Glad your in The AFC south and best of luck too you and lets see if Peyton manning can Three-peat the MVP award. Might have to Change from most Valuable player to Manning vigorously penetrates Everyone! lol

That's it for this Before the Draft Pre-Season Segment of F2F a big thanks to all our guest and best wishes to them...
    WrightNReyes
    WrightNReyes

F2F Pre-Season (5) Segemnt  Empty Re: F2F Pre-Season (5) Segemnt

Post by WrightNReyes Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:50 am

awesome read
    Finz
    Finz

Post by Finz Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:09 am

Well done Jers!
    Jackhammerrabbit